- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Crush the pine nuts using the flat side of a knife.
- Salt and pepper the filets mignons, then coat them with the crushed pine nuts.
- Place the oil and half the butter in a hot frying pan; sear the filets mignons about 1 to 2 minutes per side, being careful not to overheat since pine nuts burn easily. Remove filets mignons from frying pan and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 5 to 15 minutes, depending on preferred level of doneness.
- In a saucepan, reduce the balsamic vinegar for 5 to 7 minutes over high heat to form syrup.
- Add the prepared Demi-Glace Sauce mix, simmer for 3 minutes and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the grapes and the remaining butter; sauté over medium heat about 3 minutes. Serve.
Tips and advices
Grilled vegetables are an ideal accompaniment to this dish.
Or consider serving the filet mignon as tapas before a meal! Simply slice the meat into small strips and place 1 or 2 slices in an Asian spoon, with the sauce.