- Preheat the oven to 190°C (350°F).
- Sauté the pancetta for about 2 minutes. Remove pancetta from pan and set aside.
- Cut the artichoke hearts in two and let drain on a paper towel.
- Lightly brown the artichoke hearts in the same sauté pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, blend together ricotta, mustard, egg, shallots, pancetta, adding a generous amount of pepper.
- Mix together, in another bowl, the butter, honey and thyme.
- Grease a pie plate (15 to 18 cm [6-7 inches] in diameter) with the butter mixture.
- To the pie plate add the artichoke hearts and cover them with the ricotta mixture.
- Layer the artichoke hearts in pie plate and place it over ricotta mixture, gently pressing all around the edge to fit it into the pie plate.
- Cook the tart for 35-40 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then invert onto a plate before serving.
Tips and advices
Serve the tart with marinated sweet peppers and arugula salad or with oven confit tomatoes on the vine.