- Place oven rack in middle. Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Grease 12 to 14 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, bring cream and milk (together) to a boil. Remove from stove and add chocolate, then let stand 1 minute without stirring. Then stir to get homogenous chocolatey milk.
- In another bowl, put the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix with electric mixer on high speed or until mixture is smooth. At low speed, add dry ingredients alternating with chocolatey milk.
- Add ½ a can of chestnut puree and mix lightly with electric mixer, until mixture is almost smooth.
- Divide batter evenly in muffin cups.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
Cool cupcakes before putting on icing.
Once cupcakes are ready, keep in a container in the refrigerator and take out as needed 1 hour before serving.
Tips and advices
It is possible to freeze the cupcakes if they are not eaten the first day. Place them in an airtight container in the freezer and to enjoy them, take them out one day in advance and put them in the refrigerator, then leave at room temperature for better texture, 1 hour before serving.
*Replace regular muffin pans with special heart pan for Valentine and decorate cupcakes with small cinnamon hearts.